Do you want to know how to send money from abroad to Indonesia or vice versa (from Indonesia to abroad)? Now sending money between countries is easier with these few apps!
I have been living abroad for several years, both for work and for university.
Obviously there is a need send moneyeither from an Indonesian bank account to an overseas bank account or vice versa.
So, in this article, I will try to do thatrevision several ways, including interstate transfer applications, starting from the exchange rates, the speed of the transactions and the respective advantages.
I will also give an example of comparing the total amount that needs to be paid (done at the same time because exchange rates are always changing).
To send money from abroad to Indonesia or vice versa, you can use an application called Wise.
Wise is a British company that provides money transfer services between countries.
Currently, Wise has more than 4 million subscribers worldwide.
Wise simplifies transactions or sending money because it can be done directly through the website or applications on IOS and Android smartphones.
You can send money from these countries or currencies to Rupiah:
- British Pound (GBP)
- Indian rupee (INR)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- US Dollar (USD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
And many more, check out other currencies and exchange rates on Wise now!
CHECK THE EXCHANGE RATE AT WISE
On average, large banks in Indonesia can receive funds from abroad.
Just make sure you have details like the SWIFT code for the bank!
Reasons why choose Wise to send money from abroad to Indonesia or vice versa:
- Easy to use
- The process is fast and goes directly to the destination bank account right away (less than 15 minutes)
- Better exchange rates
- You can send money to or from 80 countries around the world
- You can use e-wallets like Gopay, Dana and OVO for transfers from Indonesia abroad
One of the disadvantages of Wise could be the transfer fee that is charged by using it variable rateso if you send large sums of money, the transaction fees will be more expensive as well.
For example, if you want to transfer from rupee to Singapore dollar (SGD 1000), the amount that needs to be transferred using the Wise application:
- Exchange rate: 11.347
- Transaction Fee: 109,603
- Transaction time: 10 minutes
- Amount to be paid: 11,457,000
In this section, I’ll explain how to send money from abroad to Indonesia using Wise:
- Access the Wise site via these links or you can download the Wise application from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer. Since I’m in Singapore, I’ll give an example of wanting to transfer money from Singapore to Indonesia in the amount of SGD 1,000. Wise will directly tell you the cost and also what the exchange rate is.
- Fill out the form relating to the bank details of the beneficiary: payee name, payee bank and also payee bank account number.
- Fill in your personal data: country, name, date of birth, address, city, postal code and telephone number.
- Check or revision return information about the transfer amount and also the destination bank account.
- Since you are a new user, you need to verify yourself first. Upload your ID, it’s best to just use a passport. Verification takes 2-3 days.
- Select the payment option for the transferin Singapore you can use PayNow, debit cards and credit cards.
Then, just wait for the verification process to be approved and the money goes to the recipient’s bank account.
You don’t need to worry about Wise because this method is safe and reliable.
Many have used Transferwise because it’s fast, easy and cheap.
CHECK THE EXCHANGE RATE AT WISE
2. Western Union
To send money from abroad to Indonesia, you can also use a service called Western Union.
In my personal opinion, this method is probably the older style but quite popular, because you have to come directly to the agent’s office.
Well, fortunately Western Union has developed a digital/electronic transfer service, yes, even if it is only available in some countries.
The benefits of using Western Union:
- Simplethe sender/recipient does not have to have a current account because he can go directly to the agent’s office to carry out the transactions
- Agent offices spread all over the worldfor example in Indonesia it is found in post office/convenience store/bank
- There is no limit to the amount of remittances
How to send money from abroad to Indonesia with Western Union:
- Come to the agent’s office with ID
- Fill in the data on the money transfer form
- Agent verification process
- You will be provided with a proof of delivery or what is often called an MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
- Recipients can withdraw money through the agent’s office by mentioning the MTCN.
Western Union is even more complicated, because the recipient has to go to a place, such as the post office, to collect the money sent.
Perhaps many of you already know this PayPal.
Paypal is really very popular, especially for online buying and selling transactions.
Indeed, this application is easy to use.
All you have to do is enter your Paypal account email address and you can transfer money.
The transaction fee is quite high (5.4% + 0.3 USD) to withdraw money from a Paypal account to a bank account in Indonesia, and the exchange rate is also quite expensive in my opinion.
Topremit is a company that provides money transfer services from Indonesia abroad regularly on line.
Previously, in 2009, Topremit started its business as a conventional provider of overseas money transfer services, a.k.a. disconnected.
Due to the needs of society and the times, Topremit finally decided to do it go online thus becoming the first online-based overseas money transfer service provider in Indonesia.
Currently Topremit only serves money transfers from overseas to Singapore.
Advantages of Topremit:
- Transaction fees flat rate
- Fast transfer process
- It has a license from Bank Indonesia
- 100% money back guarantee if the transaction we make fails
- Quick response from customer support
Obviously this speed varies according to the country of destination, yes.
For those of you who need to send money to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the UK or countries in Europe, the money sent can reach the recipient’s account in minutes.
Oh yeah, transfers fee This also varies depending on the destination country.
Now, the transfer fee is fixed, which means you only have to pay the same amount no matter how much money you send.
Just follow 4 simple steps through the app or website ones you can review further Here.
The amount that needs to be transferred using the Topremit application:
- Exchange rate: 11,400.53
- Transaction Fee: 100,000
- Transaction time: 5 minutes
- Amount to be paid: 11,500,530
Flip is a financial application with the most popular feature, which is transfers between Indonesian banks without administration fees.
Apart from that, this application can also be used to buy credit, pay electricity/water/BPJS bills.
One of the features it provides is a money transfer service from Indonesia to overseas called Flip the globe.
However, the service can only be used for transfers from Indonesia, not from abroad.
Advantages of flipping:
- Affordable Transfer Fee – flat rate
- Promote often
- Tampilan easy to use
- Other financial features are available
For some countries like the USA it takes 2 bank days for delivery.
Amount to transfer using the Flip app:
- Exchange rate: 11,373.69
- Transaction Fee: 55,000
- Transaction time: 5 minutes
- Amount to be paid: 11,428,690
Transfez application can only send money from Indonesia to other countries.
With this application you can also send money to more than 60 countries and of course it’s safe.
The amount that needs to be transferred using the Transfez application:
- Exchange rate: 11,399.61
- Transaction Fee: 89,000
- Duration of the transaction: in real time
- Amount to be paid: 11,488,610
7. Independent Livin application
Recently, this application from Bank Mandiri provides a currency transfer facility to send rupees to USD, GBP, EUR, SGD and AUD currencies.
In fact, the country coverage is not as extensive as the applications mentioned above.
Perhaps because it’s still new, there’s also a free transaction fee promotion.
The amount that needs to be transferred using the Livin Mandiri application:
- Exchange rate: 11,353.40
- Transaction fees and charges (promo): 61,294
- Transaction time: within a few minutes
- Amount to be paid: 11,414,694
Of the several methods mentioned above, you can use Wise, Western Union and Paypal applications if you want to send money from abroad to Indonesia or vice versa.
Meanwhile, Topremit, Flip and Transfez applications can only be used to send money from Indonesia to other countries.
Based on my little research, the lowest exchange rate is held by Wise While the lowest transaction fee won by Flip.
However, since Livin Mandiri currently has a promotion, so overall, the most convenient way to send money abroad is won by the Livin Mandiri application.
This is the ranking from the cheapest with the example of money transfer from Indonesia to Singapore:
- Livin Mandiri – 11.414.694
- Flip – 11.428.690
- Essay – 11,457,000
- Transfers – 11.488.610
- Maximum limit: 11,500,530
Maybe it doesn’t really look like a one-time transfer, but if you make transfers regularly, it’s best to go for the cheapest one.
If they are personal I’m used to using Wise because it’s evaluateit is the cheapest and also the most flexible because the country coverage is also quite large.
You can try to compare it yourself because each application has its advantages. Where do you know that there is also a promo.
If you have another way, I can recommend it too!
Nonanomad collaborates with other partners through an affiliate program. This means that if you book via the link in this article, Nonanomad will receive a commission without you having to pay more. Well, this way we can continue writing travel articles. If this article was useful to you, share it on your social networks. The use of photos or images from this site is permitted, provided you include a link to the Nonanomad site. Thank you.
Post Views: 3.024
Quoted From Many Source